Preliminary chart of Charleston Harbor and its approaches.
United States Coast Survey
- Preliminary chart of Charleston Harbor and its approaches.
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Created Published
- [S.l.], Published in 1858. Additions in 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--South Carolina--Charleston Harbor.
- - United States--South Carolina--Charleston Harbor.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 383
- - Inscribed in ink: Transferred from Office of Chf. Engr., Defenses of Washington, to Engr. Dept., Jany. 1866. DLC
- - Shows fortifications, towns, soundings, roads and streets, vegetation, and drainage.
- - Includes "view of main ship channel" and "view off north channel."
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 Map, ; 82 X 93 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3912.C4P5 1862 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- g3912c cw0383000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3912c.cw0383000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.