Maps Map of Chattanooga and vicinity. [1863-1864]
Western and Atlantic Railroad Company
Chattanooga Region (Tenn.)
Chickamauga (Ga.), Battle Of
Missionary Ridge, Battle Of, Tenn
Missionary Ridge, Battle Of, Tenn.
- Map of Chattanooga and vicinity. [1863-1864]
- Contributor Names
- Western and Atlantic Railroad Company.
- Created / Published
- Buffalo, N.Y., Matthews, Northrup & Co., Art-Printing Works, 
- Subject Headings
- - Chattanooga Region (Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Missionary Ridge, Battle of, Tenn., 1863--Maps
- - Chickamauga (Ga.), Battle of, 1863--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Chattanooga Region
- - Missionary Ridge, Battle of, Tenn
- - Chickamauga (Ga.), Battle of
- - Scale ca. 1:310,000.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 406.4
- - Indicates the battles of Missionary Ridge, Chickamauga Station, Graysville, Chickamauga, Ringgold, and the "battle among the Clouds," roads, railroads, towns, drainage, and relief by hachures.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, 12 x 9 cm.
- Call Number
- G3964.C3S5 1863 .W4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.