Maps Battlefield in front of Franklin, Tenn. where the United States forces, consisting of the 4th & 23rd Corps and the Cavalry Corps M.D.M., all under the command of Maj. Gen'l. J. M. Schofield, severely repulsed the Confederate army, commanded by Lt. Gen'l Hood, November 30th 1864
Merrill, W. E.
Merrill, W. E. (William Emery)
Franklin, Battle Of, Franklin, Tenn
Franklin, Battle Of, Franklin, Tenn.
- Battlefield in front of Franklin, Tenn. where the United States forces, consisting of the 4th & 23rd Corps and the Cavalry Corps M.D.M., all under the command of Maj. Gen'l. J. M. Schofield, severely repulsed the Confederate army, commanded by Lt. Gen'l Hood, November 30th 1864
- Contributor Names
- Merrill, W. E. (William Emery), 1837-1891.
- Created / Published
- [S.l.], 1874.
- Subject Headings
- - Franklin, Battle of, Franklin, Tenn., 1864--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Franklin
- - Franklin, Battle of, Franklin, Tenn
- - Scale ca. 1:10,650.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 423
- - "Compiled under the direction of Col. W. E. Merrill, Chief Eng., D.C., from surveys made by Maj. James R. Willett . . . & Maj. T. J. L. Remington . . ."
- - Indicates troop positions, roads, railroad, houses, names of residents, fences, drainage, vegetation, and relief by hachures.
- - The name of the lithographer is not indicated on this issue.
- - Preliminary manuscript map is listed at entry no. 422.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col., 71 x 45 cm.
- Call Number
- G3964.F7S5 1874 .M4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.