A plan of Mr. Clifton's neck land platted by a scale of 50 poles to the inch /
Mount Vernon (Estate)
Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate)
- A plan of Mr. Clifton's neck land platted by a scale of 50 poles to the inch /
- Translated Title
- Plan of Mr. Clifton's neck land platted by a scale of 50 poles to the inch. Old plat of the grounds in the NE part of the pasture of Mount Vernon from the summit of the hills on which the log'd cabbins are
- Contributor Names
- Washington, George, 1732-1799.
- Created Published
- Subject Headings
- - Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate)--Surveys
- - United States--Virginia--Mount Vernon (Estate).
- - Title of the pasture map from photocopy of lower right quadrant.
- - Sheet stained in several places, folded into sixteenths and separated along some fold lines. Lower right quadrant missing.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes watermark, possibly from C. & I. Honig.
- - Accompanied by a photocopy of the front side of the missing quadrant, which is owned by the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union. This section includes an inset of an area surveyed on Nov. 6-8 in 1799.
- - Includes 2 insets, list of courses, and list of Mr. Clifton's tenants.
- - Insets: A plan of Captn. Posseys's woodland ground which he bought of my bro. Chas. Washington -- Inclosure lying west of the garden.
- 2 Maps on 1 Sheet : Both Sides, Ms. ; 51 X 34 Cm. and 75 X 54 Cm., Sheet 54 X 75 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3882.M7B5 1755 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3882m ct000473r http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3882m.ct000473r
- g3882m ct000473v http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3882m.ct000473v
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.