Maps Colton's new topographical map of the states of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware, showing also eastern Tennessee & parts of other adjoining states, all the fortifications, military stations, rail roads, common roads and other internal improvements
Colton, J. H.
Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins)
Middle Atlantic States
Middle Atlantic States
- Colton's new topographical map of the states of Virginia, Maryland and Delaware, showing also eastern Tennessee & parts of other adjoining states, all the fortifications, military stations, rail roads, common roads and other internal improvements
- Contributor Names
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893.
- Created / Published
- New York J. H. Colton 1862.
- Subject Headings
- - Middle Atlantic States--Maps
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States
- - Scale 1:760,320.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 25.8
- - Lang & Laing Lith, N.Y.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1862 by J. H. Colton."
- - "No. 9" printed in the upper left corner.
- - Copyright no. "150, Dec. 3, 1861" is written in ink in the left margin. Stamped "Copyright Library May 15, 1862."
- - Geography and Map Division also has a colored copy.
- - 1864 edition listed as Civil War Maps entry no. 48.2
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map 4 parts, each 40 x 57 cm.
- Call Number
- G3790 1862 .C62
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.