Maps Pocket war map of Virginia, with portraits of Scott & his generals. Also views and plans of the principal places of note connected with the war
Bufford, John Henry
- Pocket war map of Virginia, with portraits of Scott & his generals. Also views and plans of the principal places of note connected with the war
- Contributor Names
- Bufford, John Henry, 1810-1870.
- Created / Published
- Boston, J. H. Bufford, c1861.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps
- - Maryland--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - Scale not given.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 449.2
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1861 by J. H. Bufford."
- - "No. 76, Deposited [for copyright] Sept. 27, 1861. Recorded vol. 36, page 503."
- - General map.
- - Decorative border includes portraits of Scott, Harney, McClellan, Sprague, Fremont, Butler, Banks, Dix, Lyon, McDowell, Mansfield, and Wool.
- - Insets: Cairo. 4 x 6 cm.-Charleston. 4 x 6 cm.-Washington. 5 x 6 cm.-The Vermont regiment at Newport News. [view] 3 x 4 cm.-Fortress Monroe. [view] 2 x 9 cm.-Baltimore. 4 x 6 cm.-New Orleans. 4 x 6 cm.-Richmond. 6 x 6 cm.-Savannah. 3 x 6 cm.-[Fortress] Monroe. 6 x 6 cm.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map, col., 28 x 36 cm.
- Call Number
- G3880 1861 .B8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.