Maps Topographical sketch of the battle field of Stone River. [Dec. 31, 1862]
Dahl, O. R.
Stones River, Battle Of, Murfreesboro, Tenn
Stones River, Battle Of, Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Topographical sketch of the battle field of Stone River. [Dec. 31, 1862]
- Contributor Names
- Dahl, O. R.
- Created / Published
- Chicago Chas. Shober's lith. 
- Subject Headings
- - Stones River, Battle of, Murfreesboro, Tenn., 1862-1863--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Murfreesboro
- - Stones River, Battle of, Murfreesboro, Tenn
- - Scale ca. 1:25,100.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 442
- - Stamped "Copyright Library, 17 Aug. 1864" in the upper right corner.
- - "The history of the battle of Stone River" appears to the right of the map.
- - Detailed map showing the Union's forces' first and second positions and the Confederate forces' position "on the morning the 31st of Dec. 1862." The red line denotes "direction of retreat of Col. Carlin's Brigade on the 31st of December 1862 [and the letters a, b, and c mark] the places where the Brigade made a stand during the retreat."
- - Map also includes fortifications, location of graves, roads, "Nashville & Chattanooga Rail Road," houses and names of occupants, fences, fields, woods, drainage, and relief by hachures.
- - Includes portraits of Lt. O. R. Dahl and Maj. Gen. W. M. S. Rosecrans.
- - Description derived from published bibliography.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map col. 34 x 45 cm.
- Call Number
- G3964.M9S5 1862 .D3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.