Revised plan of battle of Malvern Hill, July 1st, 1862 (official).
- Revised plan of battle of Malvern Hill, July 1st, 1862 (official).
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created Published
- [1861 to 1865]
- Subject Headings
- - Berdan, Hiram,--ca. 1823-1893.
- - Couch, Darius Nash,--1822-1897.
- - Heintzelman, Samuel Peter,--1805-1880.
- - Hill, D. H.--1821-1889.--(Daniel Harvey),
- - Jackson, Stonewall,--1824-1863.
- - Magruder, John Bankhead,--1807-1871.
- - Morell, George Webb,--1815-1883.
- - United States.--Army.--Sharpshooters Regiment, 1st (1861-1864)
- - Malvern Hill, Battle of, Va., 1862.
- - Henrico County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - James River (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--Virginia--Henrico County.
- - United States--Virginia--James River.
- - United States--Virginia--Malvern Hill.
- - Malvern Hill, Battle of, Va.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary page.
- - Sneden shows the trajectory of the gunboat shells fired from the James River around Turkey Island toward the Confederate positions, landing between the main Confederate forces and the backup forces of Longstreet and A. P. Hill.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Details the action of July 1, 1862, with most of the major Confederate forces under the command of Stonewall Jackson, D. H. Hill, and Magruder, identified in their location north of Malvern Hill, and all the Union troops due south of the Confederates, notably including Berdan's sharpshooters and the troops of Heintzelman, under whom Sneden served, Couch, Morell, and others.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Robert Knox Sneden scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1), Virginia Historical Society.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden diary, 1861-1865 (v. 3, p. 185).
- - Manuscripts.
- 1 Map : Pen and Ink and Watercolor ; 18 X 12 Cm.
- Virginia Historical Society P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- gvhs01 vhs00034 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.ndlpcoop/gvhs01.vhs00034
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.