Map showing from Richmond to Fredericksburg, Va.
Sneden, Robert Knox
Battle of The
Wilderness, Battle of The, Va.
- Map showing from Richmond to Fredericksburg, Va.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created Published
- [1862 to 1865]
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--History--19th century.--Virginia
- - Wilderness, Battle of the, Va., 1864
- - Fredericksburg (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Richmond (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--Virginia--Fredericksburg.
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond.
- - Wilderness, Battle of the, Va.
- - A topographical map of Eastern Virginia from "Fredericksburg" to "Richmond" taken from tracings (now in the possession of the Government) of the original Railroad Surveys of this portion of the State, comprising the Topography for six miles on each side of the track. This is the only reliable map of this portion of the State ever made. [Signed] Charles Schott, Topographical Eng."--Page caption.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a photocopy of this scrapbook image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - Printed map with annotations by Sneden highlighting the defenses of Richmond, Va., and locations associated with the Battle of the Wilderness, 5-7 May 1864.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Scrapbook (Mss5:7 Sn237:1 p. 143).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 Map : Pen and Ink and Watercolor ; 23 X 35 Cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- gvhs01 vhs00249 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/gvhs01.vhs00249
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.