Plan of the Battle of Rappahannock Station November 7th 1863.
Sneden, Robert Knox
Culpeper County (Va.)
Loudoun County (Va.)
Rappahannock Station (Va.)
- Plan of the Battle of Rappahannock Station November 7th 1863.
- Contributor Names
- Sneden, Robert Knox, 1832-1918.
- Created Published
- [S.l., 1863-1865]
- Subject Headings
- - Culpeper County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Loudoun County (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - Rappahannock Station (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- - United States--Virginia--Culpeper County.
- - United States--Virginia--Loudoun County.
- - United States--Virginia--Rappahannock Station.
- - Color coding indicates the location of Union and Confederate forces.
- - NOTE: Researchers will be served a color photocopy of this diary image.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - This item is from the collections of the Virginia Historical Society; please contact the institution for more information.
- - As part of the Bristoe Campaign, while Union troops fought to cross the Rappahannock River at Kelly's Ford, Ewell's Confederates defended the pontoon bridge at Rappahannock Station approximately four miles away. This image gives details of the terrain, the elaborate Confederate fortifications, burnt buildings, and destroyed bridges.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - In the Robert Knox Sneden Diary (Mss5:1 Sn237:1 v. 4, p. 968).
- - Manuscripts
- 1 Map : Pen and Ink and Watercolor ; 14 X 15 Cm.
- Virginia Historical Society, P.O. Box 7311, Richmond, VA 23221-0311 USA vau
- Digital Id
- gvhs01 vhs00167 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.ndlpcoop/gvhs01.vhs00167
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.