Audio Recordings Interview with Wallace Quarterman, Fort Frederica, St. Simons Island, Georgia (Gullah), June 1935 (part 1 of 3)
Barnicle, Mary Elizabeth
Hurston, Zora Neale
St. Simons Island
Jesus is A Rock in A Weary Land (Song)
Songs and Music
- Interview with Wallace Quarterman, Fort Frederica, St. Simons Island, Georgia (Gullah), June 1935 (part 1 of 3)
- Contributor Names
- Barnicle, Mary Elizabeth, 1891-1978 (interviewer)
- Hurston, Zora Neale (interviewer)
- Lomax, Alan, 1915- (interviewer)
- Quarterman, Wallace (interviewee)
- Subject Headings
- - Slave narratives--Georgia
- - Jesus is a Rock in a Weary Land (Song)
- - Slaves--Georgia--Songs and music
- - Georgia -- Glynn County -- St. Simons Island
- field recordings
- - Sound Recording, Non-Music.
- - Sound Recording, Music.
- - Interviewed by John Lomax, Zora Neale Hurston and Mary Elizabeth Barnicle, Fort Frederica, St. Simons Island, Georgia, June 1935.
- - Although the interview was placed in "Frederica", Georgia, it appears that it actually took place at Fort Frederica, St. Simons Island, Georgia.
- 12" aluminum disc, 78 rpm
- LWO 4872, reel 25 AFS 0341A The American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Related Resources
- http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/afc9999001.0341a (electronic resource)
- Other Formats