Audio Recordings Dogs
- Contributor Names
- Byron Coffin, Sr. and Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Coffin -- Mrs. Byron, Sr (performer)
- Coffin, Byron -- Sr (performer)
- Coffin, Byron -- Jr (performer)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Humorous songs
- - Bawdy songs
- - Songs, English -- California -- San Francisco
- - Contains mild sexual innuendo.
- - Begins on AFS 3821 A3 and is continued on AFS 3821 B3.
- - An old Barbary Coast song.
- - Introduction by Sidney Robertson Cowell mentions Byron Coffin, Jr., the son of the performers, who was on the WPA California Folk Music Project staff.
- - Byron Coffin, Sr., vocals; Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr., piano; and Sidney Robertson Cowell, narration. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Alameda, California on April 6, 1939. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Byron Coffin, Sr., Mrs. Byron Coffin, Sr., and Byron Coffin, Jr. performing Barbary Coast tunes, American popular songs, and ragtime music on April 6, 1939, collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Alameda, California.
- - 28E A3 & B3 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 2 bands of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Other Formats
American Folklife Center
The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America
Performing Arts Encyclopedia