Audio Recordings Alabado
Articles and Essays with this item:
- Contributor Names
- Choristers of St. Anthony's Seminary (performers)
- Cowell, Sidney Robertson (collector)
- Hobrecht -- Father Bernard (conductor)
- Archive of Folk Culture (Library of Congress)
- Santa Ines Mission (Solvang, Calif.)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Spanish Americans -- California -- Santa Barbara -- Music
- - Missions -- California -- Santa Barbara -- Music
- - Hymns, Spanish -- California -- Santa Barbara
- - Dust jacket notes: A song of praise.
- - Inscribed on dust jacket by Sidney Robertson Cowell: "An old traditional melody . . . also found in Mission Santa Barbara records."
- - Yellow song check-list notes: "As sung by Fernandito, an old Mission Indian Santa Ynes [Ines], several years ago. He learned it from his grandmother, who had been taught to sing it 75 or 80 years before at the Mission singing school."
- - Choristers of St. Anthony's Seminary, unaccompanied vocals; Father Bertrand Hobrecht, conducting. (performers)
- - Recorded by Sidney Robertson Cowell in Santa Barbara, California on March 7, 1938. (venue)
- - Reference copy available in the Library of Congress, Folklife Reading Room. (additional physical form)
- - In Spanish. (language)
- - Forms part of a group of field materials documenting Spanish Californian mission music performed by the Choristers of St. Anthony's Seminary, conducted by Father Bertrand Hobrecht on March 7, 1938, and collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell at the Mission Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, California.
- - 1M A2 Sidney Robertson Cowell (music publisher)
- sound recording
- on 1 band of 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 12 in.
- DLC M/B/RS
- Other Formats
California Gold: Northern California Folk Music from the Thirties Collected by Sidney Robertson Cowell
American Folklife Center Reading Room
American Folklife Center
The Library of Congress Celebrates the Songs of America
Performing Arts Encyclopedia