Audio Recordings The Fox
Cook, Robert Harrison
Palm Beach County
- The Fox
- Contributor Names
- Nelson, Naomi (performer)
- Kennedy, Stetson (collector)
- Cook, Robert Harrison (collector)
- Created / Published
- Riviera, Florida, 1940-01-15.
- Subject Headings
- - Bahamian Americans
- - British Americans
- - Bahamian Americans -- Music
- - United States -- Florida -- Riviera -- place of recording
- Field recordings
- - A Conch folksong learned in a school in the Bahamas. The singer is the daughter of Wilbur and Mary Jane Roberts.
- - The term "Conch," while now more widely used to refer to a native of Key West, Florida, originally referred to British settlers of the Bahama Islands who later emigrated to South Florida. The unique accent of the Conchs--a mixture of British and Bahamian
- - Performance Note: "The Fox" (vocals) performed by Naomi Nelson at Gospel Hall, Riviera, Florida, on January 15, 1940.
- sound recording
- sound disc
- 1 sound disc (2 minutes, 49 seconds) : analog ; 12 in.
- AFC 1939/013: AFS 03380 B01 DLC-AFC American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Other Formats
- Access Condition
- For rights information please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact