Audio Recordings Maria
Cook, Robert Harrison
Morris, Alton C.
Morris, Alton Chester
Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Contributor Names
- Theos, Nick (performer)
- Morris, Alton Chester (collector)
- Cook, Robert Harrison (collector)
- Kennedy, Stetson (collector)
- Morris, Alton Chester (speaker)
- Theos, Nick (speaker)
- Created / Published
- Tarpon Springs, Florida, 1939-08-25.
- Subject Headings
- - Greek Americans
- - Greek Americans -- Music
- - United States -- Florida -- Tarpon Springs -- place of recording
- Field recordings
- - A Greek folksong.
- - Tarpon Springs was settled by Greek sponge fishers in 1905.
- - The sound quality of this recording is extremely poor. It has been included online because the melody line can still be identified.
- - Performance Note: "Maria" (vocals) performed by Nick Theos at Tarpon Springs, Florida, on August 25, 1939.
- sound recording
- sound disc
- 1 sound disc (1 minute, 31 seconds) : analog ; 12 in.
- AFC 1939/026: AFS 03542 A04 DLC-AFC American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
- Other Formats
- Access Condition
- For rights information please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact