Manuscripts/Mixed Material In praise of Arthur C. Clarke : revised draft of essay
- In praise of Arthur C. Clarke : revised draft of essay
- Contributor Names
- Sagan, Carl (Author)
- Subject Headings
- - Science fiction
- - Outer space--Exploration
- - Space colonies
- - Astronautics--Human factors
- - Clarke, Arthur C
- - Kubrick, Stanley
- - 2001 a space odyssey (Motion picture)
- - Artificial satellites in telecommunication
- - Communications satellites
- - Manuscripts
- - Carl Sagan reflects on Arthur C. Clarke's impact on the world, discussing his contributions to the development of communications satellites and the film, 2001; a space odyssey, based on the screenplay by Clarke and Stanley Kubrick. Sagan suggests that Clarke "has done an enormous global service in preparing the climate for a serious human presence beyond the Earth." Sagan also recounts various personal interactions with Clarke.
- Dimensions in inches: 11 x 8 1/2
- Source Collection
- The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive
- Manuscript Division
Rights & Access
The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive is protected by copyright. Permission to use these materials must be obtained from Ann Druyan or her designee.
The Library of Congress is displaying materials from The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive for educational and research purposes only. The Library of Congress does not own the rights to the materials in this collection and, therefore, cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Materials constituting this collection are protected by copyright. Privacy and publicity rights also apply. The written permission of Ann Druyan (or her designee) or other copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items to the extent required by law. Responsibility for securing permissions rests with persons desiring to use the items. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
Although the Estate of Carl E. Sagan has granted the Library a license to exhibit the materials, lend the materials, and digitize the materials for display on the Library.s website, this license does not extend to other parties. In addition, other third party rights may apply. In some cases, the Library has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. Infringement or violations of copyright may result in monetary fines or criminal prosecution.
Access: Physical access to the collection materials is permitted in the Manuscript Reading Room, subject to Library policy.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.