Manuscripts/Mixed Material Letter from David Morrison to Carl Sagan
- Letter from David Morrison to Carl Sagan
- Contributor Names
- Morrison, David (Author)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Sagan, Carl
- - Saturn (Planet)
- - Outer space--Exploration
- - NASA
- - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- - Planetary science
- - Planetology
- - Titan (Satellite)
- - Voyager Project (U.S.)
- - Morrison, David
- - Satellites
- - Saturn (Planet) Ring system
- - Correspondence
- - David Morrison invites Carl Sagan to participate in a NASA-sponsored workshop on the Saturn and its rings, moon Titan and other satellites. Morrison focuses particularly on questions that will remain after the Voyager mission collects data on Saturn. It includes a list of nine key questions to be considered at the workshop.
- Dimensions in inches: 11 x 8 1/2
- Source Collection
- The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive
- Manuscript Division
Rights & Access
The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive is protected by copyright. Permission to use these materials must be obtained from Ann Druyan or her designee.
The Library of Congress is displaying materials from The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive for educational and research purposes only. The Library of Congress does not own the rights to the materials in this collection and, therefore, cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Materials constituting this collection are protected by copyright. Privacy and publicity rights also apply. The written permission of Ann Druyan (or her designee) or other copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items to the extent required by law. Responsibility for securing permissions rests with persons desiring to use the items. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
Although the Estate of Carl E. Sagan has granted the Library a license to exhibit the materials, lend the materials, and digitize the materials for display on the Library.s website, this license does not extend to other parties. In addition, other third party rights may apply. In some cases, the Library has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. Infringement or violations of copyright may result in monetary fines or criminal prosecution.
Access: Physical access to the collection materials is permitted in the Manuscript Reading Room, subject to Library policy.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.