Manuscripts/Mixed Material Some threads: Possible plot for a short novel : note
Articles and Essays with this item:
Central Intelligence Agency
National Security Agency
Unidentified Flying Objects
- Some threads: Possible plot for a short novel : note
- Contributor Names
- Sagan, Carl (Author)
- Subject Headings
- - UFOs
- - Washington, D.C
- - Sagan, Carl
- - Unidentified flying objects
- - Science fiction
- - Ideas riding
- - Central Intelligence Agency
- - CIA
- - National Security Agency
- - NSA
- - Extraterrestrial intelligence
- - Manuscripts
- - In this document, Carl Sagan outlines a plot for a science fiction novel. The outline involves the CIA and the NSA investigating UFOs. The tentative conclusion of this novel is "There is, probably on a small scale, a secret effort in Washington to examine the possibility of extraterrestrial intelligence." From Carl Sagan's "ideas riding" files, a play on "ideas writing." These files contain a running set of initial concepts for various writing projects.
- Dimensions in inches: 11 x 8 1/2
- Source Collection
- The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive
- Manuscript Division
Rights & Access
The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive is protected by copyright. Permission to use these materials must be obtained from Ann Druyan or her designee.
The Library of Congress is displaying materials from The Seth MacFarlane Collection of the Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan Archive for educational and research purposes only. The Library of Congress does not own the rights to the materials in this collection and, therefore, cannot grant or deny permission to publish or otherwise distribute the material.
Materials constituting this collection are protected by copyright. Privacy and publicity rights also apply. The written permission of Ann Druyan (or her designee) or other copyright owners and/or other holders of rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items to the extent required by law. Responsibility for securing permissions rests with persons desiring to use the items. See our Legal Notices and Privacy and Publicity Rights for additional information and restrictions.
Although the Estate of Carl E. Sagan has granted the Library a license to exhibit the materials, lend the materials, and digitize the materials for display on the Library.s website, this license does not extend to other parties. In addition, other third party rights may apply. In some cases, the Library has elected to place some of those items online as an exercise of fair use for strictly non-commercial educational uses. Infringement or violations of copyright may result in monetary fines or criminal prosecution.
Access: Physical access to the collection materials is permitted in the Manuscript Reading Room, subject to Library policy.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.