3D Object | Photos, Prints, Drawings DCM 0289: Anonymous / Argul (Double Pipe, Single Reeds)
Photos, Prints, Drawings
Argul (Double Pipe, Single Reeds)
- DCM 0289: Anonymous / Argul (Double Pipe, Single Reeds)
- Contributor Names
- Created / Published
- Egypt, 19c
- Subject Headings
- - Argul (Double Pipe, Single Reeds)
- - Physical Objects
- Physical Objects
- - Key Holes System: Chanter: 0/6 holes.
- - Physical Description: 2 parallel cylindrical pipes. See Notes.
- - Mark Maximum: No mark.
- - Each pipe consists of a principal portion into which is inserted at the upper end a short, secondary portion or shank which serves to reduce the bore. Each secondary portion or shank then receives the idioglottal reed which in turn reduces the bore. The two pipes, including the upper shank, are bound together whereas the uppermost reed section is applied to each as a single unit. Cord with knife-cut zigzag motif.
- - Condition: Missing drone pipe extension(s).
- - Provenance: Harold Reeves, London, 3 Nov. 1922. Formerly in the collection of Dr. Thomas Lea Southgate, London.
- Cane, bound with cord.; Chanter: 31.2 cm. (approximately with idioglottal reed); Drone: 43 cm. (without extensions)
- nonprojected graphic
- 1 sound disc : analog ; 12 in.
- Source Collection
- Dayton C. Miller Flute Collection
- Music Division
- Digital Id
- Other Formats
- Access Condition
- For rights information please contact the Performing Arts Reading Room at http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-perform.html