3D Object | Photos, Prints, Drawings DCM 0938: Anonymous, North American Indian (Kickapoo Tribe) / Whistle
Photos, Prints, Drawings
Anonymous, North American Indian (Kickapoo Tribe)
- DCM 0938: Anonymous, North American Indian (Kickapoo Tribe) / Whistle
- Contributor Names
- Anonymous, North American Indian (Kickapoo Tribe)
- Subject Headings
- - Whistle
- - Physical Objects
- Physical Objects
- - Key Holes System: Square hole cut in tube, near middle.
- - Physical Description: Tube with an artificial septum to form windway divider. Decoration includes 3 wavy lines, and a snake, cut by light incised lines. Tube pierced at bottom for carrying or hanging cord.
- - DCM ledger: "Kickapoo Tribe."
- - Condition: Two cracks at flue. Flue cover missing, original design unknown.
- - Provenance: Albert G. Heath, Chicago, 7 May 1930.
- Bamboo.; 35 cm.
- nonprojected graphic
- 1 sound disc : analog ; 12 in.
- Source Collection
- Dayton C. Miller Flute Collection
- Music Division
- Digital Id
- Other Formats
- Access Condition
- For rights information please contact the Performing Arts Reading Room at http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-perform.html