3D Object | Photos, Prints, Drawings DCM 0698: Eisenbrandt / Double English Flageolet
Photos, Prints, Drawings
1819 to 1850
Double English Flageolet
- DCM 0698: Eisenbrandt / Double English Flageolet
- Contributor Names
- Created / Published
- Baltimore, ca. 1819-1850
- Subject Headings
- - Double English Flageolet
- - Physical Objects
- Physical Objects
- - Key Holes System: Right tube: 0/5 holes plus 4 keys, square flaps, pin in block. Left tube: 0/7 holes, hole 1 plugged for half-hole vent, with 3 keys on pipe and a 4th key (high C) on fipple stock, plus 2 cut-off keys for LH thumb and 1st finger.
- - Mark Maximum: EISENBRANT / BALTIMORE
- - Mark Additional: Mark on fipple stock, right tube and body.
- - All left pipe keys appear to be original; of the right pipe keys, only the 1st finger key is possibly original although abused on the finger spatula when a spring and rivet were replaced. The F key is obviously from a transverse flute, complete with patent roller, which on this instrument is useless due to the shifted position of the next lowest fingerhole.
- - Condition: Original mouthpiece missing, 2 silver studs missing, and 3 keys missing as described above. See DCM 184, upper section of sponge chamber contains 6 angularly bored air conduits.
- - Provenance: Valentine O. Gorman, New York, 14 Feb. 1927.
- Ebony, silver keys (marked with eagle or floral design), ivory ferrules, and little fingerhole bushings (one is missing). Bone mouthpiece.; 47.6 cm., 45.9 cm. without beak.
- nonprojected graphic
- 1 sound disc : analog ; 12 in.
- Source Collection
- Dayton C. Miller Flute Collection
- Music Division
- Digital Id
- Other Formats
- Access Condition
- For rights information please contact the Performing Arts Reading Room at http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-perform.html