3D Object | Photos, Prints, Drawings DCM 1027: Anonymous, Central American Indian / Double Effigy Whistle
Photos, Prints, Drawings
Anonymous, Central American Indian
Double Effigy Whistle
- DCM 1027: Anonymous, Central American Indian / Double Effigy Whistle
- Contributor Names
- Anonymous, Central American Indian
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Double Effigy Whistle
- - Physical Objects
- Physical Objects
- - Key Holes System: One hole, possibly a fingerhole. However, as is, the instrument sounds no pitch at all.
- - Physical Description: Pottery object with human face at one end and fanciful land or sea animal face with open mouth at other end, incorporating pachyderm-like trunk or nose folded upward and back over most of the object's length and then turning upward over the human effigy.
- - Mark Maximum: No mark.
- - DCM ledger: "Guatemala."
- - Condition: Random shrinkage cracks.
- - Provenance: N. E. Carter, Elkhorn, Wisconsin, 6 Nov. 1930.
- Pottery.; 25.6 x 15.2 x 9.7 cm.
- nonprojected graphic
- 1 sound disc : analog ; 12 in.
- Source Collection
- Dayton C. Miller Flute Collection
- Music Division
- Digital Id
- Other Formats
- Access Condition
- For rights information please contact the Performing Arts Reading Room at http://www.loc.gov/rr/askalib/ask-perform.html