A new and exact map of the dominions of the King of Great Britain on ye continent of North America, containing Newfoundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, Maryland, Virginia and Carolina.
- A new and exact map of the dominions of the King of Great Britain on ye continent of North America, containing Newfoundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, Maryland, Virginia and Carolina.
- Contributor Names
- Moll, Herman,
- Created Published
- [London] Printed and sold by T. Bowles, J. Bowles, and I. King, 1715 [i.e. 1731]
- Subject Headings
- - North America
- - North America.
- - Scale ca. 1:3,600,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - Imprint date from Henry Stevens and Roland Tree's Comparative cartography, item 55c.
- - Includes descriptive text.
- - Insets: A view of ye industry of ye beavers of Canada ... the cataract of Niagara ...---A draught of ye town and harbour of Charles-town.--A map of the principal part of North America.--A map of the improved part of Carolina with the settlements &c.--South part of Carolina and the east part of Florida ...
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 101 X 60 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3300 1731 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3300 ct000232 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3300.ct000232
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.