Maps Map exhibiting the experimental and located lines for the New-York and New-Haven Rail-Road.
New York (State)
New York and New Haven Railroad Company
- Map exhibiting the experimental and located lines for the New-York and New-Haven Rail-Road.
- Contributor Names
- Anderson, P., civil engr.
- Created / Published
- New York, Snyder & Black Lithogrs., 1845.
- Subject Headings
- - New York and New Haven Railroad Company
- - Railroads--New York (State)
- - Railroads--Connecticut
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--Connecticut
- - Scale 1:40,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Railroad maps, 484
- - Detailed topographic strip map showing the coast from New York City to New Haven, Conn. Indicates drainage, relief by hachures, cities and towns, roads, and railroads. Chartered in 1844, organized in 1846, opened in 1849. [From published bibliography]
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- map 47 x 302 cm.
- Call Number
- G3801.P3 1845 .A5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3801p rr004840 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3801p.rr004840
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division