Lloyd's American railroad map of the United States, showing the three proposed roads and the overland mail route to the Pacific,
Lloyd, James T.
- Lloyd's American railroad map of the United States, showing the three proposed roads and the overland mail route to the Pacific,
- Contributor Names
- Lloyd, James T.
- Created Published
- [New York], 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States
- - United States.
- - Scale ca. 1:6,500,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Portraits of 28 railroad presidents are reproduced in the border, including: John Robin McDaniel, Jacob Strader, J. D. De Frees, John Caldwell, C. A. Brown, J. Edgar Thompson, Thos. D. Walker, E. Hobbs, R. N. Rice, S. S. L'Hommedieu, Wm. Case, George Palmer, P. A. Hall, Henry C. Lord, A. G. Jaudon, Edwin Robinson, E. H. Gill, W. T. Joynes, J. B. Warring, S. L. Fremont, John L. Helm, John Ross, A. S. Crothers, E. Gest, Erastus Corning, L. M. Hubby, W. H. Clements, John T. Levis,
- - "Entered according to act of Congress in the year 1859 by J.T. Lloyd in the clerk's office of the District Court of the United States ..."
- - "Drawn & engraved at Rae Smith's ... N.Y. from materials furnished to the 36th Congress, March 1859 by G.K. Warren, Lt. U.S. Top. Eng. for the passage of the Pacific Railroad bill."
- - LC U.S. railroad maps, 37
- - Outline map of the continental United States showing drainage, state boundaries, major cities, forts, finished and proposed railroads. [From published bibliography]
- - Includes portraits of 28 railroad presidents.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 39 X 72 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1859 .L5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr000370 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr000370
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division