Maps Map of the United States and territories showing the extent of public surveys, Indian and military reservations, land grant R.R.; rail roads, canals, and other details
United States. General Land Office
Railroad Land Grants
- Map of the United States and territories showing the extent of public surveys, Indian and military reservations, land grant R.R.; rail roads, canals, and other details
- Detailed map of the continental United States showing drainage, state boundaries, cities and towns, canals, land grant railroads, completed railroads, railroads in progress of completion, and projected lines. Major lines are named along their routes. Indian and military reservation are shown; land offices and lighthouses are also indicated. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor Names
- United States. General Land Office.
- Created / Published
- [Washington?] 1873.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Maps
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - Railroad land grants--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - Scale ca. 1:2,500,000.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Railroad maps, 54
- - Inset: Territory of Alaska.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- col. map 121 x 197 cm. on 6 sheets 63 x 69 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number
- G3700 1873 .U55
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 rr000540 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.rr000540
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division