Maps Rand, Mc.Nally & Co's official railroad map of the United States with portions of the Dominion of Canada, the Republic of Mexico, and the West Indies. Compiled from government surveys, and official tracings and operating time tables of all railroads.
Rand Mcnally and Company
- Rand, Mc.Nally & Co's official railroad map of the United States with portions of the Dominion of Canada, the Republic of Mexico, and the West Indies. Compiled from government surveys, and official tracings and operating time tables of all railroads.
- Very detailed commercial map of the continental United States showing drainage, international and state boundaries, cities and towns, railroad stations, the entire railroad network with names or abbreviations of railroad companies along each line. [From published bibliography]
- Contributor Names
- Rand McNally and Company.
- Created / Published
- Chicago, c1893.
- Subject Headings
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - Railroads--North America--Maps
- - United States
- - North America
- - Scale ca. 1:2,280,960; approx. scale 36 miles to 1 in.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Railroad maps, 66
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - AACR2
- map 157 x 219 cm. on 4 sheets 84 x 118 cm.
- Call Number
- G3701.P3 1893 .R31
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3701p rr000660 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3701p.rr000660
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.