Maps Three maps [i.e. map on 3 sheets] of northern New Jersey, with reference to the boundary between New York and New Jersey.
New York (State)
- Three maps [i.e. map on 3 sheets] of northern New Jersey, with reference to the boundary between New York and New Jersey.
- Other Title
- Three maps of northern New Jersey, with reference to the boundary between New York and New Jersey
- three maps of northern new jersey, with reference to the boundary between new york and new jersey
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - New Jersey--Boundaries--New York (State)
- - New York (State)--Boundaries--New Jersey
- - New Jersey
- - United States--New Jersey
- - United States--New York (State)
- - Scale ca. 1:180,000.
- - Title from William Faden's Catalogue of a curious and valuable collection of original maps and plans. Boston, 1862.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Relief shown by hachures and shading.
- - Imperfect: Edges torn.
- - Shows roads, county and township boundaries, land grants, the division line between East and West Jersey, 5 different proposed division lines between New Jersey and New York by separate claims and surveys, and part of long island.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1245
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651/1; 651/2
- col. map, on 3 sheets 61 x 59 cm. or smaller mounted on 2 sheets.
- Call Number
- G3811.F7 1769 .T5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3811f ar124500 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3811f.ar124500
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.