Maps Map of a route through south west Pennsylvania from Fort Loundoun, Franklin Co. to Fort Pitt, Pittsburgh.
Forbes Road (Pa.)
- Map of a route through south west Pennsylvania from Fort Loundoun, Franklin Co. to Fort Pitt, Pittsburgh.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Forbes Road (Pa.)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Forbes Road
- - Scale 1:380,160; 6 miles to an in.
- - Title from Philip Lee Phillips' A list of maps of America, p. 673.
- - Variant title from William Faden's Catalogue of a curious and valuable collection ... no. 12: A map of the country on the Ohio & Muskingum Rivers.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Shows location of forts and road improvements.
- - Typed label on verso: Forbes Road from Fort Loudon to Fort Pitt. 1763?
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1304
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 52 x 22 cm.
- Call Number
- G3822.F53 1763 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3822f ar130400 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3822f.ar130400
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789
Military Battles and Campaigns
Geography and Map Division