Maps [A plan of the attack of Fort Sulivan, near Charles Town in South Carolina by a squadron of His Majesty's ships on the 28th day of June 1776, with the disposition of the King's land forces and the encampments and entrenchments of the rebels, from the drawings made on the spot.
Early Works to 1800
Fort Moultrie, Battle Of, S.C.
- [A plan of the attack of Fort Sulivan, near Charles Town in South Carolina by a squadron of His Majesty's ships on the 28th day of June 1776, with the disposition of the King's land forces and the encampments and entrenchments of the rebels, from the drawings made on the spot.
- Contributor Names
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- James, Thomas.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Moultrie, Battle of, S.C., 1776--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--South Carolina--Fort Moultrie
- - Scale ca. 1:25,500.
- - Title from engraved map published by Faden in 1776.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Includes inset "Plan of the platform in Sullivan's Fort." Annotated by Lt. Colonel Thos. James of the Rl. Rt. of Artillery, to delete one "l" from "Sullivan's Fort."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789 1544
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 650
- col. map 29 x 38 cm.
- Call Number
- G3914.C3:2F5S3 1776 .F29
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3914c ar154400 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3914c.ar154400
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.