Maps Plan of the operations of General Washington against the King's troops in New Jersey, from the 26th of December 1776 to the 3d of January 1777.
Princeton, Battle Of, Princeton, N.J.
Trenton, Battle Of, Trenton, N.J.
- Plan of the operations of General Washington against the King's troops in New Jersey, from the 26th of December 1776 to the 3d of January 1777.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - New Jersey--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - Trenton, Battle of, Trenton, N.J., 1776
- - Princeton, Battle of, Princeton, N.J., 1777
- - United States--New Jersey
- - Scale ca. 1:113,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows area from Newtown, Pennsylvania to Kingston, New Jersey, with routes of British and American forces.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1268
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes tables "Loss in the engagement on the road from Princetown to Maidenhead, January the 3d 1777" and "Loss at Trenton, December 26th 1776."
- col. map 30 x 40 cm.
- Call Number
- G3811.S3 1777 .P6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3811s ct000061 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3811s.ct000061
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.