Maps [Lake Champlain and Lake George, and the country between the Hudson and the lakes on the west, and Connecticut River on the east.
Champlain, Lake, Region
Early Works to 1800
- [Lake Champlain and Lake George, and the country between the Hudson and the lakes on the west, and Connecticut River on the east.
- Contributor Names
- Medcalfe, Mr.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Champlain, Lake, Region--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Champlain, Lake, Region
- - Scale ca. 1:640,000.
- - Title from William Faden's Catalogue of a curious and valuable collection of original maps and plans.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Imperfect: Right upper corner is missing.
- - Base map from "A map of the country in which the army under Lt. General Burgoyne acted in the campaign of 1777, shewing the marches of the army & places of the principal actions. Drawn by Mr. Medcalfe & engraved by Wm. Faden" which was published in 1780 in Burgoyne's A state of the expedition from Canada, and in Faden's Atlas of the battles of the American Revolution. The manuscript lacks "the marches of the army & the places of the principal actions."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1075
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651
- col. map, 59 x 28 cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.C45 1777 .M4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.