Position of the detachment under Lieut't Col. Baum & attacks of the enemy on the 16th August at Walmscock near Benington, 1777.
New York (State)
- Position of the detachment under Lieut't Col. Baum & attacks of the enemy on the 16th August at Walmscock near Benington, 1777.
- Contributor Names
- Durnford, Desmaretz, -1782.
- Created Published
- Subject Headings
- - Bennington, Battle of, N.Y., 1777
- - United States--New York (State)--Bennington Region.
- - United States--Vermont--Bennington Region.
- - Scale ca. 1:6,000; 200 paces to an in.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermark.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows troop positions of battle fought in the town of Hoosick, N.Y. in defense of Bennington, Vt.
- - Includes "References."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1177
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map, 31 X 39 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.B4S3 1777 .D8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802b ar117700 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802b.ar117700
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.