Maps The encampment & position of the army under His Excy. Lt. Gl: Burgoyne at Swords's and Freeman's Farms on Hudsons River near Stillwater, 1777.
Wilkinson, William Cumberland
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
Saratoga Campaign, N.Y.
Saratoga County (N.Y.)
- The encampment & position of the army under His Excy. Lt. Gl: Burgoyne at Swords's and Freeman's Farms on Hudsons River near Stillwater, 1777.
- Contributor Names
- Wilkinson, William Cumberland.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Saratoga Campaign, N.Y., 1777--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Saratoga County (N.Y.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--Saratoga County
- - Scale 1:7,200; 200 yards to an in.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Four views: View 1. "1st & 2d positions of that Part of the Army Engaged on the 19th of Sept. 1777..." View 2. "3d & 4th Position 19th Sept. 1777." View 3. "Position of the Detatchment &c. &c. in the Action of the 7th of Oct. 1777." View 4. "Position of the Army on the 8th of Oct. 1777."
- - Includes index entitled "Reference" and 3 hinged overlays showing "1st & 2d positions ... on the 19th Septr. 1777," "3d & 4th positions, 19th Septr. 1777," and "Position of the army on the 8th Octr. 1777."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1182
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 650
- col. map 69 x 110 cm.
- Call Number
- G3803.S3S3 1777 .W5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3803s ar118200a http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803s.ar118200a
- g3803s ar118200b http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803s.ar118200b
- g3803s ar118200c http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803s.ar118200c
- g3803s ar118200d http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3803s.ar118200d
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.