Maps Battle of Brandywine in which the Americans were defeated : September the 11th, 1777 by General Sr. William Howe.
Chadds Ford Region
Brandywine, Battle Of, Pa.
Chadds Ford Region
Chadds Ford Region (Pa.)
- Battle of Brandywine in which the Americans were defeated : September the 11th, 1777 by General Sr. William Howe.
- Contributor Names
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- [London : s.n.], 1784.
- Subject Headings
- - Chadds Ford Region (Pa.)
- - Brandywine, Battle of, Pa., 1777
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Chadds Ford Region
- - Scale ca. 1:15,300.
- - Hand colored.
- - Annotated in red ink on the author's Battle of Brandywine, 1778. Other changes have been made by erasure or by excision of parts and replacement of new paper. Prepared as engraver's copy for a new edition.
- - "Note: The operations of the column under the command of His Excellency Lt. Gal. Knyphausen are engraved from the plan drawn on the spot by S. W. Werner, Lt. of the Hessian artillery."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1338
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 650/1
- col. map ; 50 x 44 cm.
- Call Number
- G3824.C387S3 1784 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3824c ar133800 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3824c.ar133800
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.