Maps Plan of Governor's, Kennedy's, and Brown's Islan[ds] and Red Hook together with part of the Bay and soundings, shewing the position they bear to each other and to New York, September 18th. 1766. By order of His Excellency Major General Gage, Commander in Chief of His Majesty's forces in North America.
New York City
Early Works to 1800
New York (N.Y.)
New York (State)
- Plan of Governor's, Kennedy's, and Brown's Islan[ds] and Red Hook together with part of the Bay and soundings, shewing the position they bear to each other and to New York, September 18th. 1766. By order of His Excellency Major General Gage, Commander in Chief of His Majesty's forces in North America.
- Contributor Names
- Montrésor, John, 1736-1799.
- Porter, William B.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Harbors--New York (State)--New York--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (N.Y.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--New York (N.Y.)
- - Scale 1:4,800; 400 ft. to an in.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermark.
- - Imperfect: Margins torn.
- - Relief shown by hachures. Soundings shown in fathoms.
- - Signed in different ink: W. B. Porter.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1086
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 650/1; 651/2
- col. map 73 x 74 cm.
- Call Number
- G3804.N4P55 1766 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3804n ar108600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3804n.ar108600
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.