Map of the United States west of the Mississippi showing the routes to Pike's Peak, overland mail route to California and Pacific rail road surveys. To which are added the new state & territorial boundaires, the principal mail & rail road routes with all the arrangements & corrections made by Congress up to the date of its issue.
- Map of the United States west of the Mississippi showing the routes to Pike's Peak, overland mail route to California and Pacific rail road surveys. To which are added the new state & territorial boundaires, the principal mail & rail road routes with all the arrangements & corrections made by Congress up to the date of its issue.
- Contributor Names
- McGowan, D.
- Created Published
- St. Louis, Leopold Gast & Bro., 1859.
- Subject Headings
- - West (U.S.)
- - Railroads--West (U.S.)
- - United States--West.
- - Scale ca. 1:5,000,000.
- - Cover title: Map exhibiting the routes to Pike's Peak.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored.
- - LC Railroad maps, 176
- - Detailed general map framed in decorative borders showing drainage, state boundaries, cities and towns, and the transportation and communication networks. An excellent example of a promotional map to encourage emigration. [From published bibliography]
- - Accompanied by text. 7 p.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 58 X 72 Cm. Fold. in Cover 16 X 11 Cm.
- Call Number
- G4050 1859 .M2
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4050 rr001760 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4050.rr001760
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division