Maps Centennial American Republic and railroad map of the United States and of the Dominion of Canada. Compiled from the latest official sources.
- Centennial American Republic and railroad map of the United States and of the Dominion of Canada. Compiled from the latest official sources.
- Shows drainage, cities and towns,and the railroad network with names of lines. Includes distance chart and view of "Main building centennial exhibition, Philadelphia, 1876." [From published bibliography]
- Contributor Names
- Watson, Gaylord.
- Created / Published
- [n.p.] 1875.
- Subject Headings
- - United States--Maps
- - Railroads--United States--Maps
- - United States
- - 5458 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Scale ca. 1:4,400,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - LC Railroad maps, 57
- - Includes illus., text, distance chart, and view of "Main building centennial exhibition, Philadelphia, 1876."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 2 copies
- - AACR2: 651/1; 650/2
- col. map 98 x 129 cm.
- Call Number
- G3700 1875 .W3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.