Maps Battle of Brandywine in which the rebels were defeated, September the 11th. 1777, by the army under the command of General Sr. Willm. Howe.
Werner, S. W.
Chadds Ford Region
Brandywine, Battle Of, Pa.
Chadds Ford Region
Chadds Ford Region (Pa.)
Early Works to 1800
- Battle of Brandywine in which the rebels were defeated, September the 11th. 1777, by the army under the command of General Sr. Willm. Howe.
- Contributor Names
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Werner, S. W.
- Created / Published
- [London] 1778.
- Subject Headings
- - Chadds Ford Region (Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Brandywine, Battle of, Pa., 1777--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Chadds Ford Region
- Early Maps
- Manuscript Maps
- - Scale ca. 1:15,480.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Hand colored.
- - "Note: The operations of the column under the command of His Excellency Lieutenant General Knyphausen is engraved from a plan drawn on the spot by S. W. Werner, Leiutt. of Hessian Artillery."
- - Includes "references to the column under the command of Lt. Genl. Earl Cornwallis" and "references to the column under the command of His Excellency Lieutt. Genl. Knyphausen."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1337
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 440; 650
- col. map 49 x 44 cm.
- Call Number
- G3824.C387S3 1778 .F3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.