Maps A Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th October 1777, where the rebels were repulsed.
Early Works to 1800
Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Germantown, Battle Of, Philadelphia, Pa.
- A Sketch of the Battle of German. Tn., 4th October 1777, where the rebels were repulsed.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Germantown, Battle of, Philadelphia, Pa., 1777--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Germantown (Philadelphia, Pa.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Germantown (Philadelphia)
- - Scale ca. 1:16,200.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Differs from other copies by square cartouche.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789 1344
- - Stamped on verso: Montresor.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 35 x 29 cm.
- Call Number
- G3824.P5:2G4S3 1777 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3824p ar134400 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3824p.ar134400
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.