Maps Plan de la position de l'armée françoise autour de Newport et du mouillage de l'escadre dans la rade de cette ville.
Early Works to 1800
Rhode Island (Island)
Rhode Island (R.I. : Island)
- Plan de la position de l'armée françoise autour de Newport et du mouillage de l'escadre dans la rade de cette ville.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Newport (R.I.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Rhode Island (R.I. : Island)--Defenses--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Rhode Island--Newport
- - United States--Rhode Island--Rhode Island (Island)
- - Scale ca. 1:7,250.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Relief shown by hachures and shading.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Includes index to fortifications, French army camps, and French naval vessels.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1020
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 440; 651/1
- col. map 148 x 115 cm. on 2 sheets 75 x 118 cm.
- Call Number
- G3774.N4S3 1780 .P53
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3774n ar102000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3774n.ar102000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.