Maps Sketch of part of the road from Freehold to Middle Town shewing the skirmish between the rear of the British Army under the command of His Excellency Genl. Sir Henry Clinton and the advanc'd corps of the rebel army, June 28th. 1778. Sketch of Middle Town.
Freehold Region (N.J.)
Monmouth, Battle Of, Freehold, N.J.
- Sketch of part of the road from Freehold to Middle Town shewing the skirmish between the rear of the British Army under the command of His Excellency Genl. Sir Henry Clinton and the advanc'd corps of the rebel army, June 28th. 1778. Sketch of Middle Town.
- Contributor Names
- Hills, John (Surveyor)
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Monmouth, Battle of, Freehold, N.J., 1778
- - Freehold Region (N.J.)
- - Middletown (N.J.)
- - United States--New Jersey--Freehold Region
- - United States--New Jersey--Middletown
- - Scale ca. 1:15,500 (not 800 paces to the in.).
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Shows position of grenadiers and guns before and after the action.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1280
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 2 col. maps ; on sheet 42 x 53 cm.
- Call Number
- G3812.M64S3 1778 .H51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3812m ar128000 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3812m.ar128000
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
American Revolution and Its Era: Maps and Charts of North America and the West Indies, 1750 to 1789
Military Battles and Campaigns
Geography and Map Division