The seat of action, between the British and American forces; or, An authentic plan of the western part of Long Island, with the engagement of the 27th August 1776 between the King's forces and the Americans: containing also Staten Island, and the environs of Amboy and New York, with the course of Hudsons River, from Courtland, the great magazine of the American Army, to Sandy Hook,
Middle Atlantic States
Middle Atlantic States
New York (State)
- The seat of action, between the British and American forces; or, An authentic plan of the western part of Long Island, with the engagement of the 27th August 1776 between the King's forces and the Americans: containing also Staten Island, and the environs of Amboy and New York, with the course of Hudsons River, from Courtland, the great magazine of the American Army, to Sandy Hook,
- Contributor Names
- Holland, Samuel, 1728-1801.
- Created Published
- London, Printed for Robt. Sayer and Jno. Bennett, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - Long Island, Battle of, New York, N.Y., 1776
- - Middle Atlantic States--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - United States--New York (State)--Long Island.
- - United States--Middle Atlantic States.
- - Scale ca. 1:215,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Has watermarks.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1146
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map, 45 X 39 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3802.L6S3 1776 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3802l ar114600 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3802l.ar114600
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.