Maps A sketch of the operations of His Majesty's fleet and army under the command of Vice Admiral the Rt. Hble. Lord Viscount Howe and Genl. Sr. Wm. Howe, K.B., in 1776.
Des Barres, Joseph F. W.
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
- A sketch of the operations of His Majesty's fleet and army under the command of Vice Admiral the Rt. Hble. Lord Viscount Howe and Genl. Sr. Wm. Howe, K.B., in 1776.
- Contributor Names
- Des Barres, Joseph F. W. (Joseph Frederick Wallet), 1722-1824.
- Created / Published
- [London] J. F. W. D[es Barres, 1777]
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Jersey--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New Jersey
- - Scale ca. 1:130,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures and shading. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Centered on the Hudson River and New York Bay from Sandy Hook to Haverstraw.
- - Includes index entitled "References."
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1057
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy annotated changing publication date to 1778, showing additional shoals in red ink, and showing colored buildings and troop symbols.
- - LC copy imperfect: Portion of publication statement in lower right corner missing.
- - Vault
- - AACR2
- col. map 80 x 58 cm.
- Call Number
- G3801.S3 1777 .D4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3801s ar105700 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3801s.ar105700
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.