Maps Plan of the attack of the Forts Clinton & Montgomery, upon Hudsons River, which were stormed by His Majesty's forces under the command of Sir Henry Clinton, K.B., on the 6th of Octr. 1777.
Early Works to 1800
Fort Clinton (Rockland Co.)
Fort Clinton, N.Y. (Rockland Co.)
Fort Montgomery, N.Y.
New York (State)
- Plan of the attack of the Forts Clinton & Montgomery, upon Hudsons River, which were stormed by His Majesty's forces under the command of Sir Henry Clinton, K.B., on the 6th of Octr. 1777.
- Contributor Names
- Hills, John (Surveyor)
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- London, Wm. Faden, 1784.
- Subject Headings
- - Fort Clinton, N.Y. (Rockland Co.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fort Montgomery, N.Y.--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--Fort Clinton (Rockland Co.)
- - United States--New York (State)--Fort Montgomery
- - Scale ca. 1:21,250.
- - Hand colored.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Relief shown by hachures and shading.
- - Pictorial map.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1196
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 700
- col. map, 64 x 50 cm.
- Call Number
- G3804.F5865S3 1784 .H5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.