Maps Sketch of Forts Clinton & Montgomery, stormed the 6th Octob. 1777 by the troops under the command of Sir Henry Clinton, K.B., Lt. General of H. Maj. forces and commander in chief of New Yorck and its dependencies.
- Sketch of Forts Clinton & Montgomery, stormed the 6th Octob. 1777 by the troops under the command of Sir Henry Clinton, K.B., Lt. General of H. Maj. forces and commander in chief of New Yorck and its dependencies.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Manuscript maps
- - Fort Clinton, N.Y. (Rockland Co.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Fort Montgomery, N.Y.--History--Revolution, 1775-1783--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)--Fort Clinton (Rockland Co.)
- - United States--New York (State)--Fort Montgomery
- - Scale ca. 1:11,700.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows routes of troop movements and military units.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1193
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 440
- col. map, on sheet 56 x 104 cm.
- Call Number
- G3804.F5865S3 1777 .S5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3804f ar119300 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3804f.ar119300
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.