Maps A map of the Province of New-York, reduc'd from the large drawing of that Province, compiled from actual surveys by order of His Excellency William Tryon, Esqr. Captain General & Governor of the same,
Sauthier, Claude Joseph
Administrative and Political Divisions
Early Works to 1800
New York (State)
- A map of the Province of New-York, reduc'd from the large drawing of that Province, compiled from actual surveys by order of His Excellency William Tryon, Esqr. Captain General & Governor of the same,
- Contributor Names
- Sauthier, Claude Joseph.
- Ratzer, Bernard.
- Faden, William, 1749-1836.
- Created / Published
- London, W. Faden, 1776.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Jersey--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New York (State)--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - New Jersey--Administrative and political divisions--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Northeastern States--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New Jersey
- - United States--Northeastern States
- - Scale ca. 1:1,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridian: New York.
- - Shows administrative boundaries in New York and New Jersey. Also shows portions of Pennsylvania and New England.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1047
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2; 651/3; 651/4; 651/5; 700/2
- col. map 72 x 58 cm.
- Call Number
- G3800 1776 .S3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3800 ar104703 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3800.ar104703
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.