Maps An accurate map of the State and Province of New-Hampshire in New England, taken from actual surveys of all the inhabited part, and from the best information of what is uninhabited, together with the adjacent countries, which exhibits the theatre of this war in that part of the world,
Administrative and Political Divisions
- An accurate map of the State and Province of New-Hampshire in New England, taken from actual surveys of all the inhabited part, and from the best information of what is uninhabited, together with the adjacent countries, which exhibits the theatre of this war in that part of the world,
- Contributor Names
- Sawyer, Abel.
- Created / Published
- Boston, 1784.
- Subject Headings
- - New Hampshire
- - Vermont
- - New Hampshire--Administrative and political divisions
- - Vermont--Administrative and political divisions
- - United States--New Hampshire
- - United States--Vermont
- - Scale ca. 1:633,600.
- - Hand colored.
- - Prime meridian: London.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows area from the Hudson River-Lake Champlain to Penobscot Bay.
- - Includes inscription to "John Hancock, Esqr. Gov.," text, and inset of "A general map of the River St. Lawrence above Montreal to Lake Ontario, with the adjacent country on the west from Albany & Lake Champlain," [ca. 1:2,340,000]
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 871
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 651/1; 651/2; 651/3; 651/4; 700/2; 700/3; 700/4
- col. map 74 x 69 cm.
- Call Number
- G3740 1784 .S3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3740 ar087100 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3740.ar087100
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.