A plan of the operations of the King's army under the command of General Sr. William Howe, K.B. in New York and east New Jersey against the American forces commanded by General Washington from the 12th. of October, to the 28th. of November 1776, wherein is particularly distinguished the engagement on the White Plains, the 28th. of October.
Sauthier, Claude Joseph
New York (State)
- A plan of the operations of the King's army under the command of General Sr. William Howe, K.B. in New York and east New Jersey against the American forces commanded by General Washington from the 12th. of October, to the 28th. of November 1776, wherein is particularly distinguished the engagement on the White Plains, the 28th. of October.
- Contributor Names
- Sauthier, Claude Joseph.
- Created Published
- [London] W. Faden, 1777.
- Subject Headings
- - New York (State)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - New Jersey--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - White Plains, Battle of, White Plains, N.Y., 1776
- - United States--New York (State)
- - United States--New Jersey.
- - Scale ca. 1:84,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - LC Copy 1 on verso: Plan of operations at New York.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1055
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 73 X 50 Cm.
- Call Number
- G3804.W7S3 1777 .S2
- Digital Id
- g3804w ar105500 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3804w.ar105500
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.