Maps A map of the West-Indies or the islands of America in the North Sea; with ye adjacent countries; explaning [sic] what belongs to Spain, England, France, Holland, &c. also ye trade winds, and ye several tracts made by ye galeons and flota from place to place.
Early Works to 1800
- A map of the West-Indies or the islands of America in the North Sea; with ye adjacent countries; explaning [sic] what belongs to Spain, England, France, Holland, &c. also ye trade winds, and ye several tracts made by ye galeons and flota from place to place.
- Contributor Names
- Moll, Herman, -1732.
- Created / Published
- [London] Printed for Tho. Bowles [1715?]
- Subject Headings
- - Caribbean Area--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - West Indies--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Caribbean Area
- - West Indies
- - Scale ca. 1:5,500,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - "Printed for Tho: Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard and Iohn Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill."
- - "To Wil. Paterson, Esq; this map of the West Indies &c. is most humbly dedicated by Her. Moll, geographer."
- - Insets: La Vera Cruz.--A draught of ye bay & citty of Havana.--[The bay of Porto Bella]--A draught of St. Augustin and its harbour.--A draught of ye citty of Cartagena its harbour & forts.--The city of Mexico in New Spain.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- - AACR2: 100; 651/1; 651/2; 700/1
- col. map 59 x 102 cm.
- Call Number
- G4390 1715 .M6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4390 ct003986 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4390.ct003986
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.